Hello, I’m Kong from Cambodia

Angkor Wat, Siem Reap

Hi! I am Kong, a boy from countryside of Siem Reap, Cambodia. Now I’m working in Hospitality Industry. I’m very busy with studying and working. Be a Working-Student is not easy.

If you ask me “Why I decided to go for Tourism \ Marketing ( Hospitality) ?

This is a very interesting question. Well, there are three reasons that I decided to go for Tourism and Hospitality.

First, of course traveling. I don’t know that I will stay in Cambodia the whole life. I want to get to know other’s lifestyle, their culture, environment and how is the different of people from each side.

Second, it teaches people in professional manner, attitude, flexibility, patience and how to deal with problems. It is a great feeling when you meet good customers but it will make you crazy, if you meet difficult guests.

Third, I am Cambodian Ambassador, so this is a great opportunity to bring Cambodia to the world. I know not many people know what is Cambodia.

With best regards,

Kong

6 Comments

1. Laura Fries says:

Hello Kong!
    Wow that sounds great! May I ask how old you are?

My Dad travelled to Cambodia a couple of times and told me that it is amazing.
    I have not been to any asian country so far.. but Cambodia is on my bucket list!
    Any recommendations what to visit? What is your favourite place? 🙂

Greetings from Germany!

• Kong Luch says:

Hi Laura,

Greeting from Cambodia!
      Thank you for Comment, I am 21.

Great to hear that your Dad enjoyed his traveling to Cambodia.

Well, There are a lot of thing to do in Cambodia,
      * Beaches _ Sihanoukville, Koh Kong and Kep Province.
      * Killing Field / Royal Palace _ Phnom Penh ( Commercial and Capital City of Cambodia ).
      * Kulen Mountain ( water fall ) with a Big Buddhist Statue and Thousand Lingas River and Carving ( also at Kbal Spean ) _ Siem Reap Province.
      * Tonle Sap Lake ( Floating Village ) – Floating forest, Crocodile Farm, Fish Farm, Floating Market and The Lifestyle of the People living on Water _ Siem Reap (highly recommend), Pursat, Battambang, Kampong Thom and Kampong Chhnang Province.
      * Bird Sanctuary ( floating village ) _ Battambang Province, also can take boat from Siem reap Province.
      * Temple _ a lot of Temple in Siem Reap ( Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Ta Prom Temple, Banteay Srei Temple and A lots more.
      * Local Handicraft _ Silk Farm, Artisans d’angkor, Souvenir in the city center, Puppet.
      * Khmer Traditional Dancing Show.
      * Museum

Siem Reap is highly recommend and sorry can’t recommend all activities.

Please do not hesitate to contact me when you come to Siem Reap, Cambodia.
      Hope to see you soon.

Your Cambodian friend.

• Robin Raymann says:

Siem Reap certainly sounds like a place I should check out one day! 🙂

Greetings from Germany
        Robin

• Kong Luch says:

Hi Robin,

Greeting From Cambodia.

I’m sure that you’ve been to a lot of Modern Country but if you could come to Visit Cambodia, a Country of Culture and History, it’s another new experience.

Thank you for interesting.
          Kong

2. Laura Fries says:

Same here! This sounds crazy good!
    Be careful what you say, Kong! I will take you at your word. 😉
    I always wanted to have a personal tour guide one day. Even better to have one who is an original Cambodian.
    Besides of the highlights you can see insider tips too.

I offer the same if you ever decide to check the german lifestyle and culture. It’s very different but there are also a lot of great places to see 🙂

How big is tourism in Cambodia? Are many travelers around your country?

Looking forward to your respond 🙂

Your German friend

• Kong Luch says:

Hi Laura,

It’s my pleasure to share Tourism Destination of Cambodia to you and others.

There are not many Tourist in Cambodia yet as what i mentioned not many people know what’s Cambodia.
      Some of the tourist asked me: IS CAMBODIA A PART OF THAILAND ? I Said: NO, WE ARE INDEPENDENT COUNTRY.

We attracted 4,210,165 tourist in 2013, 4,502,775 tourist in 2014 and 4,775,231 tourist in 2015, this is just a small amount compare to other ASEAN country ( nearly 30 million tourist in Thailand for 2015 ).

When you come and contact me i will be happy to arrange a tour for you.

With best regard,